Sunday, July 21, 2013

Work Week Coming

I feel that doing the hunter gatherer regimen is harder than fasting. In fasting I know I am not eating, with hunter gatherer I have to think about it and there is so much processed foods that surround us.
I have discovered I am still craving something sweet, it could be dark chocolate or a granola bar or some granola cereal or some dried fruit. It has been tough, but I like the journey and the sense of awareness of my body.
Today as I boarded my flight, I was already hungry; needless to say the flight attendant did not offer me the gathering menu.  And of course the flight was delayed, so when I got to Chicago I went directly to the Whole Foods for some grazing, before checking into my hotel. I decided a salad was my best option, Kale, lettuce, kidney beans, black beans, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber and quinoa. I bought an orange to use the juice as a salad dressing. I also bought an apple, two plums and some black berries for breakfast tomorrow. This is going to be one heck of a week.

But something is happening, this Rabbi, sitting next to me on the plane, after a conversation about work, he was heading to Iowa to check meat for Kosher status. He said he thought I had a sense of calm and he wanted to know what I eat.  By the end of the flight I was writing a list of foods he should eat. Funny world on a lot of levels. Peace and Love  

No comments: