Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So my first dinner in this hunter gatherer mode ... was uneventful. The beans I soaked overnight I cooked today (garbanzo). I experimented cooking with just a little water, fresh chopped tomatoes, onions and garlic (no oil). I threw a potato in the oven as a back up and I cooked some whole grain quinoa. I also made a green salad, lettuce, avocado, cucumbers, apple and blueberry. I used the juice of a orange as the dressing. The salad was real good. I ate way too much. I just popped open the baked potato and threw some of the garbanzo bean dish on it, then I also put some of the bean mix over the quinoa. I was happy to go without the oil, it is doable. But if you are going hunter gatherer with me, you don't have to go to that extreme (but I love the company). 

I was sitting outside after dinner, watching the day come to an end, at least the lighted part, and I saw a rabbit out of the corner of my eye and thought, if I was a hunter and not a gatherer, you would be wabbit stew, but instead he and I compete for the same grub. Makes me wonder.

Peace and Love 

No comments: