Thursday, July 18, 2013

All Quiet on the Gathering Front

Getting into the swing of gathering... I had a major sugar jones in the middle of the day. Normally at that time I would have made myself a soy smoothie with fruit and bananas or a bowl of granola cereal with soy milk but today those options were not available (soy milk is processed, unless I make it myself - maybe this weekend). I was out of apples and plums, a go-to sweet snack. So I went to the local Whole Foods and ate a fist full of the cherries they leave out for customers to taste. They also had cheese out but cheese is processed as well. In fact they also had corn chips out. If I wasn't in my hunter gathering mind set, I could have had a full meal. However after the cherries, I felt a lot better and then I bought some veggies (celery, orange bell pepper, cucumber, corn) to throw into my fresh quinoa salad and also some sweet potato for tomorrow.

The salad was great; to the above, I added avocado, blueberries, onions and again squeezed orange juice on it for some moisture and flavor. It was really quite good. I had a little bit of the garbanzo beans left over from last night to go with it.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

Peace and Love.

No comments: