Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gathering is done

Done gathering… I learned a little bit more about what I crave versus what I actually need. Three weeks is a decent amount of time, I feel very flexible right now, in a dietary sense. I plan to keep the simple carbs out for as long as possible. Going to stay on the whole grain bandwagon as much as possible, it felt good. I am going to keep loading up on the fresh fruit, keeping the dried fruit at bay, going to buy Kale futures. I am just really looking forward to adding tofu, soy milk, smoothies and a good whole grain cereal back into my life, but no late night rendezvous with the cereal bowl, we have split permanently, unless, of course, she begs me back.  A friend pulled me over the other day and told me his wife was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. I know she will beat this but I started to think about this craziness; I do this because it is fun and hopefully some of you appreciate the company as we struggle to control our collective bodies and minds, but at the end of the day, this life is the briefest of journeys and we must squeeze every beautiful thing out of it that we can. So no beating yourself up if you have a Twinkie or two. No one gets out of here intact.  

 Peace and love   

No comments: